Personal Injury occurs when an individual or individuals has suffered injuries resulting from traffic accidents, work related accidents or illness, defective or dangerous products and medical malpractice. When the accident is the result of someone’s fault, the injured party may be entitled to monetary compensation from the person’s negligence.
Several factors can affect the potential success of your personal injury claim including the ability to prove your injuries were the result of someone else’s conduct and be able to show the extent of your injuries.
FAQ – We can help you with answers to your questions, including:
YOU THE CLIENT
- What is the most important thing for me to do after my injury?
- How do I pay my medical bills?
- Will the doctors, hospitals and other medical facilities wait for payment if I am unable to pay my bills as they are incurred?
- How does my lawyer make sure that the doctors and medical facilities will get paid?
- Why won’t the insurance company for the person or company who caused my injuries automatically pay my medical bills as they occur?
- How do I keep track of all my bills?
- Will my health insurance coverage or paid sick leave from work limit my compensation for an accident?
- How will my lawyer handle my case?
- How can I help my lawyer with my case?
- How will my lawyer be paid and what is a contingent fee agreement?
- What other costs will there be in addition to the attorneys’ fees?
- Are the attorneys’ disbursements and costs also contingent and if not do they have to be paid in advance?
THE PERSON(S) OR COMPANY WHO CAUSED YOUR INJURIES
- What happens to the person(s) or company who caused my injury?
- What happens to the person who caused my injury if the case does not settle?
- What if the tortfeasor is untruthful or inaccurate about how the incident happened?
- Can I contact the person(s) responsible for my injuries?
- Then will my case settle?
- How much is my case worth?
- Who determines the settlement value of my case?
- What steps will be taken to settle my case?
- Will the insurance carrier pay the demand figure in my attorney’s request for settlement?
- How long does it take to complete settlement after the first letter of demand?
LITIGATION IF THE CASE DOES NOT SETTLE
- What happens if the insurance company does not meet our settlement range and the case does not settle?
- How does a lawsuit affect me?
- Then will the trial take place?
- How much notice will I get before trial?
- What happens in a trial?
- What should I remember in order to be the best possible witness?
AFTER THE TRIAL
- If we win, how long does it take to receive the money?
There are steps that you can take to increase your recovery chances as well as your overall recovery even before meeting with your lawyer. These steps include:
- Writing down as much as you can about the accident or injury that has occurred as well as any injuries and losses that have happened as a result of the accident.
- Taking notes on conversations that you have had with other people involved in the accident or personal injury claim.
- Collecting physical evidence as well as photographs of the accident.
- Locating people who have witnessed the accident and would be able to assist you in your case.
- Informing anyone you think might be responsible for your injuries your intention to file a claim for your injuries.
ACW Law has talented lawyers waiting to help your personal injury issues. Please contact: